Organise and manage resources
Purpose: so that individuals, communities and organisations can achieve effective management of community assets and resources, services and organisations.
Context: CLD practitioners need to understand the culture of organisations, the responsibilities of those involved and how organisation and management styles, practices and governance relate to sustainable organisations.
As a competent practitioner with an understanding of planning, organising and managing resources you will be able to demonstrate that you can:
- develop and plan programmes and project activities;
- manage and monitor programmes and project activities;
- promote and manage a culture based on equality;
- organise, deploy and monitor resources effectively;
- recruit, manage and support people (staff, volunteers);
- identify and access funding/ resources;
- understand and manage risk;
- interpret and apply relevant legislation (e.g. equalities, Child Protection, Health and Safety).
These competences and indicators should be read in conjunction with the definition of a competent CLD worker.