Develop and support collaborative working
Purpose: so that people can enhance decision making and collaborative activities that impact on the quality of life of individuals and communities.
Context: CLD practitioners need to understand, recognise and value the benefits of collaboration and build appropriate and effective alliances, networks and other forms of working together.
As a competent practitioner able to develop and support collaborative working you will be able to demonstrate that you can:
- develop and support collaborative working within your own organisation;
- initiate collaborative working with relevant organisations;
- participate in partnership and collaborative working;
- support community participation in partnership and collaborative working;
- clarify and articulate the role of your own organisation and that of others;
- negotiate and agree roles in collaborative and joint work, taking a leadership role where appropriate;
- identify, put in place or provide appropriate training and development opportunities for collaborative working;
- challenge and be challenged on issues undermining effective partnership working being aware of tensions and conflicts;
- manage the ending of collaborative and joint relationships.
These competences and indicators should be read in conjunction with the definition of a competent CLD worker.