Congratulations to the University of Dundee on achieving professional approval for the
- BA (Hons) Community Education
- BA (Hons) Community Education work based route
- PGD Community Education
The passion and commitment of the teaching team came across very clearly throughout the process and appreciation for their hard work was expressed by practice supervisors and students.
During the approval visit the CLD Standards Council approval panel noted some strengths within the 3 programmes approved:
- They commend the ongoing work on the World Community Development Conference 2019 and support for students
- The re-introduction of the work based route is seen as a positive step to support sustainability and viability of the BA programme
- The Student voice is strong and the panel wish to thank the students for their open and honest feedback at the event.
- Students are well prepared to undertake and develop research skills. The Internship is a real commitment to research in the CLD field and will support organisations and the field more generally
- The Value based approach is embedded throughout all programmes
- The University’s strong fieldwork networks and the positive working relationship with practitioners.
The courses were approved from 2019 to 2024.