Recognised Qualifications

What is the requirement?

To become a registered member of the CLD Standards Council an applicant must have achieved one of the degree level qualifications that we recognise, (or can demonstrate equivalent standard through the Individual Recognition Process). Note that you do not need to have a recognised qualification to become a registered Associate member.

Scottish Qualifications recognised

This list details the Scottish programmes that are recognised for registration purposes.

Download: Registration Recognised Qualifications March 2022

Qualifications from other parts of the UK

Professional (higher education) qualifications from other parts of the UK and Ireland are recognised for registration as long as the programme of study has been professionally validated/approved by the NYA (England), ETS Wales or the Joint ETS for Northern Ireland and Ireland.
You can check the historic list for National Youth Agency Qualifications for England on the “Am I qualified” page of the NYA Website.

And for ETS Wales –

Cannot find your qualification on the list ?

If you cannot identify your qualification on the lists, you may still be able to become a registered member of the CLD Standards Council through our Individual Recognition Process(IRP). The IRP route recognises experience and commitment and considers alternate qualifications.
You may alternatively be able to register as an associate member.

The first step is to apply for registration and provide your details and we can then advise on options for you.

Cannot find your qualification certificate ?

If you have lost your qualification certificate, we will accept the official transcript for you provided it indicates your name and achievement of the qualification.  If you do not have any formal documentation indicating the award of the qualification you can contact the University or College for a replacement certificate or official confirmation of your achievement,

This list gives contact information for replacement certificates.

Download: Replacement Certificates Information

Moving from Associate member to Registered Member

If you are registered as an Associate member and have now obtained a recognised qualification and the required experience you can apply to become a registered member. Follow the application guidance