The CLD Standards Council continually promotes the essential role of professional CLD practitioners, and this is all the more important as resources get ever-scarcer.
We’ve produced a paper that sets out the ways in which professional CLD practitioners are not just valuable but indispensable, and are making this available for members to use in your own context.
The paper outlines how professional CLD practitioners:
- Bring added value;
- Undertake approved qualifications;
- Commit themselves to recognised Values and a Code of Ethics;
- Are guided by a framework of Competences;
- Commit themselves to continuing professional learning;
- Can register as members of a recognised professional body;
- Have a distinctive role in achieving public policy goals; and
- Are needed to meet statutory obligations.