Professional Approval and Practice Placement Standards Resources
News not to be missed for Student CLD Practitioners, Practice Placement Supervisors and Educational Providers – read on – this is important!
In the weekly Member Bulletin on 13 October 2021, CLDSC launched the Professional Approval Suite of material. Within that we promised to provide online links to templates and resources to support the process. We are proud to now make these available to you and would ask that they are put into practice as soon as possible.
CLDSC will be checking in with Student CLD Practitioners, Practice Placement Supervisors and Universities throughout the year to ensure the documents are proving to be supportive. For Colleges and other training providers, we are currently reviewing the Developmental Approval Process and as part of that work, we will be looking to ensure that the Practice Placement Standards can be used by anyone involved in CLD learning. In the meantime, feel free to make use of these resources.
It should be noted that the Universities or Colleges may also provide documents as there are certain procedural requirements they need. CLDSC offer huge thanks to the Educational Providers involved in creating this material and for sharing their existing processes. Huge thanks must also go to the Working Groups for their time, commitment, discussions, debates and patience.
Go on give the resources a try. They are your support documents!
Please feed back any comments / suggestions or questions to email@example.com.
Virtual Member meet up – 1 February 2022, 1-2pm
As you will have seen in the Christmas Member Bulletin, Kirsty Gemmell has been seconded to an Education Officer (Digital) post for 6 months as part of the CLD Digital Workforce investment.
There are three elements to the initiative:
- Development of digital competences creates a sustainable resource that will set out clear principles and expectations for CLD delivery in the digital age.
- Development of an online portal for the CLD workforce, focusing on digital skills, confidence and taking teaching online.
- Development of a Digital CLD Award which will seek to recognise the ways that CLD services and organisations promote effective use of digital technologies to enhance learning opportunities in youth work, adult learning, and community development programmes.
In co-production and consultation with the CLD sector and stakeholders, Kirsty will take forward the development of digital competences.
If you would like to find out more about this and have guided tour of the digital portal being created by the Open University in Scotland, please come along to our February Virtual Member Meet Up. You can register for this event on Eventbrite.
Digital Youth Work Conference – All fun and games? Exploring respect and relationships online
On Safer Internet Day (8 February 2022 from 9.30am to 3.30pm) YouthLink Scotland will be delving into youth work’s role in making the internet a safer and more secure place for young people. Make a day of it and join them to grow your knowledge and share skills with colleagues across Scotland and beyond. Explore how youth workers can help young people develop their cyber resilience.
Hosted online by YouthLink Scotland, the conference will get to grips with:
- Online gaming and youth work.
- Practical digital youth work ideas from youth workers.
- Positive online relationships.
- Helping young people build their cyber resilience.
- How makerspaces can grow digital knowledge.
- Insight from young people.
- Overcoming common hurdles to successful digital youth work.
- And more!
You can view the conference programme and register for a place on the
YouthLink Digital Youth Work Conference webpage.
Group Coaching sessions for CLD Leaders
Education Scotland are offering an extension to the workforce support package offer to include group coaching sessions to support health and wellbeing.
One to one coaching sessions have been offered to the education profession since 2020 as part of the workforce support package funded by the Scottish Government to help practitioners in navigating the challenges caused by Covid-19. This offer has now been extended to include additional group coaching sessions. The offer, which is managed in partnership between Education Scotland and social enterprise KnowYouMore, will consist of three 90 minute confidential sessions focussing on CLD leaders working in any CLD settings e.g. Third Sector, Local Authority. Groups will consist of no more than six people to ensure practitioners receive quality time. The first session is being held on Wednesday, 25 January 2022, 4pm-5.30pm. Find out more and sign up on the Education Scotland News webpage.
IACD – SCIO Status
Congratulations to our friends at International Association of Community Development who have now moved from being a charity and a limited company to a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO). Nothing about the work IACD does will change, and their values and vision remain the same. You can find out more on the IACD website. And while you’re there, why not find out more about the 2022 World Community Development Conference taking place both in Ureki, Georgia and online 20-22 June 2022.
SCQF Upcoming Online Workshops
SCQF are holding a series of online workshops in January and February. These include:
- My Skills, My Future on 8 February from 10am to 4pm for staff working within Careers, Information Advice and Guidance and in Community Learning and Development. The workshop provides participants with the skills to facilitate the recognition process with learners as outlined in the My Skills My Future toolkit. Register for the workshop on Eventbrite.
- Places are also still available for the Would you Credit It? Online Workshop on 25 January, 10am to 4pm. This workshop is designed to support individuals and organisations who are developing, or already have, a learning programme which they are considering having Credit Rated for the SCQF. Register for the workshop on Eventbrite.
Details of other upcoming workshops can be found in the SCQF Newsletter.
SQA have provided the following information to help support learners and provide materials: