Shape CLD in Scotland.
Become a CLD Standards Council Committee Member and have your opportunity to be involved in shaping the way CLD practitioners learn, practice and apply our standards in Community Learning and Development
The CLD Standards Council Scotland is looking for CLDSC Members (Registered or Associate) to join its Committees. As a growing organisation, you would be joining us at a very exciting stage of development in CLDSC.
Duration of Appointments
All appointments will be made for an initial 3 year period. There may be times when those who have served the 3 years are requested to continue in order to complete ongoing projects or to allow for continuity of knowledge.
Who we are
The CLDSC is the professional body for Community Learning and Development practitioners in Scotland who are generally identified as being paid or voluntary workers in the areas of Adult Learning, Community Development and Youth Work.
“Our vision is that the communities and people of Scotland are served by CLD practitioners that are recognised as competent, confident and committed to equality, empowerment and life-wide learning for all.”
“Our mission is to drive high standards of professional practice in the CLD sector by the approval of professional learning, the registration of practitioners and the enabling of professional development, working with our members to be a voice for the profession.”
- Deliver, maintain and further develop a professional Approvals structure for qualifications, courses and development opportunities for everyone involved in CLD.
- Maintain and develop the Registration system and establish members’ services for practitioners delivering and active in CLD.
- Maintain and develop models of Profession Learning and training opportunities for CLD practitioners.
- Improve and develop our organisational capability.
- Lead and contribute to relevant CLD policy and workforce information services.
The CLD Standards Council has an Executive Committee plus 3 functional committees: Approvals; Professional Learning; and Registration. Find out more about our Committees.
Who we need
We need people who can represent the increasingly diverse nature of community learning and development practice however, we are particularly interested in hearing from colleagues who are:
- Newly qualified and/or in the early stages of their career
- Active in the Third sector
- Active in broader CLD contexts such as equalities
- From the Further Education sector
- Working or volunteering in a rural setting
What we ask of you
- A commitment to raising standards across all aspects of our work
- To support and serve on a committee for minimum of three years
- To attend a minimum of three Committee Meetings a year
- To work on projects out with the Committee Meetings which progress the work of the Committee.
- To occasionally work on tasks out with the Committee Meeting dates (for example this could be as a panel member on approval visit or it could be participation in a working group looking at professional learning)
- To secure the agreement of your line manager to this commitment
- Completion of Induction training
What can you expect?
- National Professional Learning opportunities
- Networking – across CLD including third sector, local and central government; and across the UK and Ireland through connections to JETS (Joint Education Training Standards) and TAG (The Professional Association of Lecturers in Youth and Community Work)
- Conference attendance and involvement
- Shaping CLD Standards Council policy, practice and workforce developments
- Support for you in discussions with your employer to confirm the benefits of you being actively involved in your Professional Body.
- Travel expenses
- Induction training
- You might find it helpful to look round this website to familiarise yourself with the work we do.
- Review the Terms of reference and person specification below
- If you want to discuss the role in more detail, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will get back to you.
- Download an application form below, (unfortunately at this time we cannot issue or accept paper applications).
- Once you have completed the form, you can send it to us by email to email@example.com titled Committee Membership Application
- Applications should be with us by 31 August 2020