Facilitate and promote community empowerment
Purpose: so that people can take individual and collective action to bring about change.
Context: CLD practice is built on critical analysis of internal and external factors that influence individual and community priorities and has a distinctive role in working with people to take action to identify and influence decisions that impact on the quality of individual and community life.
As a competent practitioner able to facilitate and promote community empowerment you will be able to demonstrate that you can support individuals, groups and communities to:
- analyse and understand power dynamics and decision-making processes;
- use community action as a means to achieve change;
- be inclusive and involve the wider community;
- interact within and across communities;
- participate in decision-making structures and processes;
- campaign for change;
- identify and manage community assets.
These competences and indicators should be read in conjunction with the definition of a competent CLD worker.