The CLD Standards Council and Education Scotland have commissioned Rocket Science UK Ltd to conduct research into the community learning and development workforce.
The Working with Scotland’s Communities survey is core to this research.
Views from practitioners, volunteers, employer organisations and stakeholders are essential to be able to understand who is doing what across Scotland. The research will help us to better advocate for community learning and development, and better support the workforce, volunteers, employers and organisations with the training and development needs.
Completing the survey
We are seeking responses from individuals AND from employer organisations. The online survey will be followed up by some optional telephone interviews later in the year.
The survey can be found – https://www.research.net/r/WorkingWithScotlandsCommunitiesSurvey
Survey will close: Friday 10th August
Who does this research apply to?
We know that community learning and development staff and volunteers work in a wide range of roles many of whom may not automatically identify as a CLD practitioner.
We are keen to hear from practitioners, volunteers, employer organisations and stakeholders who:
- Work with communities to support their learning and development
- This could include job titles such as community learning and development, youth work, community planning, public health, adult or family learning, or inequality, poverty or other interventions in the community
- Work in the public or third sectors
- Conduct work in a way that meets the competencies and values of community learning and development
What are we looking for from employer organisations?
One of the respondent groups we are interested in are organisations that employ staff in community and learning development roles –i.e. anyone who fits into the list above.
We would like a survey response from the employer organisations on behalf of their whole organisation, regional office, department or team. The survey asks if it is being answered as an individual or on behalf of an organisation.
What we would like you to do
We need help to identify and encourage as many people and organisations as possible to complete the survey.
- Please circulate or highlight the ‘Working with Scotland’s Communities’ survey link to your networks, members, and known contacts as soon as possible.
- Complete the survey yourself- https://www.research.net/r/WorkingWithScotlandsCommunitiesSurvey
All responses will be anonymous. We will not use this information to compare performance, expenditure or needs between specific organisations or local authorities. All answers will be aggregated, and the key themes reported on by Rocket Science for Education Scotland and the CLD Standards Council.
Please get in touch with Clare Hammond, Associate Director at Rocket Science UK Ltd – email@example.com or 0131 226 4949.