Become a CLD Standards Council Committee Member and have your opportunity to be involved in shaping the way CLD practitioners learn, practice and apply our standards in community learning and development.
The CLD Standards Council Scotland is looking for Registered or Associate CLD Standards Council members to join its Approval, Registration and Professional Learning Committees.
Who we need
We need people who can represent the increasingly diverse nature of community learning and development practice, including members who are –
- Newly qualified and/or in the early stages of their career
- Active in the Third sector
- Active in broader CLD contexts such as health, the arts and equalities
- From HE/FE
What we ask of you
- To attend a minimum of three full-day Committee Meetings a year, for a minimum of three years
- To occasionally work on projects out with the Committee Meeting dates (for example this could be as a panel member on approval visit or it could be participation in a working group looking at professional learning)
- To secure the agreement of your line manager for your time commitment to the Committee
- Completion of Induction training
- A commitment to raising standards across all aspects of our work
What can you expect?
- National Professional Learning opportunities
- Networking – across CLD including third sector
- Conference attendance and involvement
- Shaping CLD Standards Council policy, practice and workforce developments
- Support for you in discussions with your employer to confirm the benefits of you being actively involved in your Professional Body.
- Travel expenses
- Induction training
Want to join us ?
Download and complete the application form below
Download: Committee Application Form 2018
Or email email@example.com to have one sent to you.
Please return the completed from by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 July 2018.
You can find further information about our committees on the Committees page.
If you want to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Marion Allison at email@example.com
The appointment of Committee members will follow our defined process, described in this process document: Committee Appointment Process 2018